125g dairy-free butter
100g dark muscovado sugar
4 Tbsp golden syrup
325g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat your oven to 170°c and line one or two baking trays with grease proof paper.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan, stirring occasinaly, then when all is melted together into a treacle like substance remove from the heat.
3. Sieve the flour, bicarb and ginger into a bowl and stir in the melted warm ingredients into the dry.
4. Once all is combined into a biscuit dough, leave to cool down in the bowl.
5. Turn out some of the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to about the thickness of a £1 coin. Use your choice of cookie cutters (I love my ebay reindeer buy!) and place your biscuit shapes onto the baking trays and bake in batches for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown and allow to cool fully before icing.