So were a couple of days into the New Year,how's 2016 treating you all? I hope you all celebrate with sufficient amounts of party nibbles, champagne, glitter and party poppers to fill a room with.So this year I am welcoming it with open arms, ready to embrace all that it wants to bring, are you with me?
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying each year, hey you're going to be the best. It's something to aim for and if you don't envision that, then it's never going to be is it?
Plus 2014 and 2015 were both ones for the books and I believe it can only keep getting better (fingers crossed!) I feel I have my head in the right frame and am ready to succeed, work and play hard.
Instead of 'resolutions' which pretty much set you up for a fall, I prefer to make goals and set achievable targets for myself and the coming weeks, month and year. I've included some examples of goals that I've set myself for the year ahead.
1. I want to use my vegan diet now to be healthier and fitter, I only started in November and was mainly eating chips, vegan chocolate cake and basically everything over Christmas. I now want to use it to try and be as natural, raw and wholesome as possible but also not denying myself from occasional treats.
2. Cook up a storm, lots of delicious recipes (thank you Pinterest!) both savory and sweet recipes that I want to try.
3. Not let the fear of failing stop me from trying. I hold my hands up, I've probably been guilty of this far too much in my life BUT recent years I've only got better with each and pushed myself.
4. To buy a beautiful new camera so I can shoot beautiful photographs, but also use my instax and film cameras even more. I want to document the year and to take more photos with loved one.
5. To carry on with going to gym classes, to keep motivated when I see results but more importantly stay motivated when I'm not necessarily seeing change.
6. I want to paint and draw every day, but that is not going to happen so at least one sit down session a week to paint or draw (not counting commissioned work)I also want to re-open and re-introduce my jewellery line and shop.
7. In 2016 I would love to check out some more great U.K destinations such as Liverpool, Manchester and Edinburgh. I also really want to take a trip with my Mum and Sister to Barcelona, have a Summer holiday in Austria at Matt's Aunt and Uncles place and visit my Brother in Australia at the end of the year with Matt and hopefully celebrate our Birthdays out there.
8. Carry on saving, be more sensible with my money.
9. 2016 I will learn to drive (might have left this one a little late, but I guess it's never too late really)
10. Most importantly I want to have as much fun as I possibly can!