100ml Dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond)
150g Dairy free butter
250g Light brown sugar
250g Self-raising flour
1-2 tsp Ginger
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c (or 160° for fan assisted) and line a muffin or cupcake tray.
2. Sieve together the flour, sugar and ginger. Melt the butter and add to the dry ingredients along with the dairy free milk.
3. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
4. Lastly transfer to a wire rack to cool fully before decorating.
5. To decorate I used Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting (which is vegan) or make your own easy buttercream using butter and icing sugar and then sprinkle with a small amount of ground ginger. I bought these cute little gingerbread decorations from Hobby Craft but these sprinkle ones are just as cute or even make your own little gingerbread decorations (recipe coming soon!)
Do you know what else is a really bloomin' lovely combination with ginger? orange! If you fancy this recipe with a zesty touch then all you need to do is zest and juice one orange, and whilst your prepping the rest of the ingredients set aside the soya milk with the juice in for 2-5 minutes and add the zest to the dry ingredients.