pasta alfredo

Leave a Comment


I am tired today, tired with a capital T which has got me wanting to eat everything! I'm already thinking of dinner... aside from Matt's Macaroni Cheese recipe this is my other favorite pasta dish that he cooks up, so creamy (without the dairy!) rich, full of kale and peas. It's simply just comfort food at it's very best, it's what my heart calls for on a day when I need my food to give me a hug from the inside and this plant-based dish, unlike dairy filled pasta dishes this wont leave you feeling all heavy and lethargic.

Ingredients
500g Pasta
1 cup cashews
1 cup almond milk
Juice of ½ lemon
1 vegan stock cube
clove of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
300g kale
150g petits pois
1 tsp bouillon powder (optional)

Method
Firstly combine the cashews, almond milk, yeast, lemon juice, garlic clove, pinch of salt and pepper and bouillon cube in a high speed blender and blend until extremely smooth.

Cook your choice of pasta (Farfalle, tube and tagliatelle all work brilliantly) as per instructions on packet, however remove from boiling water a couple of minutes before being done as the pasta will finish cooking in the sauce.

Add the bouillon powder to ½ cup of water and place the vegetables in to cook and steam in a closed pan.

Heat the cashew cream sauce over a medium heat until it begins to thicken. Add the pasta and drained vegetables and plate up. It's perfect served with a touch of thyme to really bring out those delicious flavours.





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig