Sweet Beetroot Overnight Oats

Leave a Comment
This is the first overnight oats recipe that I have made, it can be found in the Deliciously Ella everyday book and I have slightly adapted it. I liked the unconventional idea and the beetroot just gives it a little bit of summit summit as well as making it a gorgeous pink shade. It's not as weird as it sounds I promise...

 Serves 2

Ingredients

1 beetroot
1 apple
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 banana
140g rolled oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
10 almonds

Method 

1. Cut up your apple into small pieces add these and the beetroot to a blender (I used my nutribullet) Add 200ml of water, the maple syrup, almonds and banana and whizz for about 30 seconds - until smooth.

2. Pour the oats into a bowl and pour over the blended mixture also adding the chia seeds.

3. Cover the bowl with a plate or cling film and put them in the fridge to soak overnight or for at least 4 hours.

4. Return to room temperature to serve and decorate with a multitude of your favorite things, I like to use banana slices, chopped nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and desiccated coconut.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig