Really easy to make and made with ingredients that I pretty much always have in my cupboard.
Makes about 10-12
4oz rolled oats
4oz self-raising flour
4 oz dairy-free butter or margarine
4 oz demerara sugar (or caster/granulated demera just adds an extra crunch)
1/2 tbsp golden syrup or maple
1 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Measure out the oats, flour and sugar in a bowl and leave to the side.
3. Melt together the butter, syrup and water in a pan over a moderate heat, stirring continusly to ensure it doesn't burn.
3. Add the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing well until it's formed into a dough.
4. In your hand roll small balls of the dough, placing on the prepared tray and flattening with your palm. Keep as they are or place dark chocolate chips into them (or once out of the oven and cooled you could always melt the chocolate and cover the tops of them)
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, you want them to be golden but not too browned.