strive

4 comments
The many sides of Twiggy, Mary Portas competiton piece.

I find so many different people to be of inspiration from artists, designers, photographers... I can't help but have that green eyed monster strike. Whatever I achieve someone has achieved more, I know whatever you do in life this will always be the case, even if you are an award winning actor there will be someone who had won more, deemed better, have more experience. I've got an art background and from a little girl I grew up with a pencil in my hand (and a crayon up my nose) I use to watch my dad and older brother and sister draw and complete their school projects and I would just doodle the days away. Just because I don't have a BA in my chosen passion, I studied for a year a subject I started off loving and then found out it wasn't for me and slowly starting resenting the course. I didn't want to get in 30,000 debt when I can freelance illustrate and earn money ofcoarse it would have been good to learn some of the formal training, get business and industry tips but it just didn't happen for me and that amount of money is just not a realistic option. I do it for the sheer love of what I do, it is all self iniated and off of my own back. I don't want to ever stop being creative I was never very good at academia and was always the arty kid at school. I was in two minds whether to enter a competition, I saw a tweet from Mary Portas about wanting illustrators, designers and I emailed to find out more and the admin team sent out the generic emails because of the huge amount of interest and had to send 3 jpgs of work by Tuesday 9am. I felt rubbish yesterday (muscle aches, sore throat, sick and tired of always feeling sick and tired) and in the evening I decided to go for it because at the end have nothing to lose and you have to enter things even if there isn't a chance of winning otherwise you'll never get anywhere so I'm going to do lots more.  Sorry for the deep, pity type post. My minds just been so conflicted recently. I feel like a failure and un-talented, I'll feel better tomorrow just one of those things I guess.

Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope you feel better soon, Jaymie. I know exactly what you mean though. I'm really not enjoying my uni course, and just want to drop out and write, because that's what I'm passionate about. It's just so disheartening having sent off letters/emails to countless newspapers/publications/websites in the hope that someone will get back to me, but I haven't heard anything, so I can honestly say I know what you're going through. I really hope you here back about Mary Portas' competition though, because I for one think you have incredible talent, and really think you can go places because of it. Chin up! x

I Turner said...

I love your competition entry. I thinks its original and the detail is stunning. I hope you feel better soon!

www.toindigo.blogspot.com

Courtney K. said...

I love this! And I love Twiggy! Nice idea, I really like the concept, and the final piece. Winner!

Unknown said...

this amazing jaymie xx

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig