My favourite victoria sponge recipe

Leave a Comment


Bake Off night means cake and lots of it! This recipe was found on the Tesco website and given to me by Matt's Aunt. When we visited her and her husband in Austria - she made it for us and I feel in love with the wholesome taste of the cake with it's golden syrup flavour. I knew that I had found my go to. I've struggled to find a great Victoria Sponge recipe even though it's one of the most basic staple cakes I think it's pretty hard to find a great recipe of, I only share recipes that I find work and really love and as much as I like the other VS recipe I shared this definitely will be making more of in the future.

Ingredients
400g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of side
250g caster sugar
115ml sunflower oil
400ml almond milk
3 tbsp golden syrup
2 tsp vanilla extact

Vegan Buttercream: 
200g dairy free spread
175g icing sugar

Finisihing Touches
4 tbsp strawberry jam
8-10 strawberries cut into quarters



Preheat your oven to 180c (160c fan assisted) and line the insides of two round cake tins with greaseproof paper.

Measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix together. Combine the sunflower oil, milk, syrup and vanilla in a jug and pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, then whisk together using a hand mixer blend for about two minutes until thick and cream - but make sure not to overwork.

Pour the mixture evenly between the two prepared tines and bake for 35-45 minutes until risen and cooked all the way through, Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes in the tin, then remove from tins and leave to cool fully on a wire rack.

To make the filling beat together the spread, icing sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Spread the jam on one of the insides of the cake, followed by two-thirds of the cream mixture on the other cake. Place cakes on top of each other and use the remaining icing to decorate the top of the cake, decorating with cut up fresh strawberries.

YUUUUUUUM!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig