It's all about...

6 comments
Collars!

From the 'Oh you pretty things' SS'10 Chelsea Rebelle collection.

It's got to be said that I am a little obsessed with pretty looking collars. I want my wardrobe to be full of peter pan and chelsea collared dresses this A/W. I love the idea of attachable collars to liven up a boring neckline. I am crushing hard on the first Chelsea Rebelle outfit, high waisted-check, bows-check, sheer-check, peter pan collar- check, What more could you ask for? Well maybe a bra but you win some you lose some.

Miu Miu SS10 the prints, still got big love for this collection.

I will forever love garments that have cats printed on them, fact.

Ban.Do attachable collars, flower garland and black bow.

Ribbon and bows are another obsession of mine and this Ban.Do black bow attachable collar piece is rather beautiful, I'm going to do a bit of a DIY job to create my own, easy peasy.


My hand-made floral collar.

I started making my own collar the other week using my trusty brother sewing machine but I kept getting distracted so only finished it the other day (for those who are observant may spy that I like using these flowers in illustrations as well, Eugene Lin, flame hair girl-header, sewn flowers ftw!) I made all the flowers individually using bits of material and sewing them all together and repeatedly creating a pattern I then attached them all together. I used poppers to fasten the collar at the back. I have also attached a safety pin to the back of the front flower (I hope that makes sense!) so that it can be pinned down to the garment that I'm wearing, so it doesn't fling about everywhere. I think it will look gorge with a little cream lace dress and my nice black coat this autumn. I'm thinking of making another one in black and white to team with a little black dress, time for experimentation with different looks!

Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments:

MeredithW said...

Love the flower collar! Very pretty

Kim said...

Love what you've done with that collar! Amazing.
And I particularly like the blouse in the very first photo. So beautiful. x


kimparslow.blogspot.com

Oh, My Darling said...

i love the idea of an attachable collar -- yours looks great!

Savvy said...

Loveee collared shirts! Attachable collars are a great idea, totally adds more versatility to one's wardrobe. Your's look beautiful! :)

Tanja said...

I really like your floral collar!

3ate4 said...

Quite liking them, too!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig