Jeepers Creepers

4 comments

Photos by Myself and from prohibition party

Okay, So I may not have found myself a Jay Gatsby but I love nothing more then to dress up and live in a fantasy. Period dramas like Downton Abbey are still high up on some of my favourite television series. The fashion, lifestyle, manner, parties... everything had that romantic nostalgia to it.

 A couple of weekends ago some friends and myself went to Bloomsbury Ballrooms for a 1920s style ball called the 'Prohibition Party' We donned are lavish head pieces, fake cigarettes and pearl beads to Charleston the night away whilst sipping on cocktails from teacups. Floorshows, Dancing, Gambling and impressed suitably by how much effort everyone had made to dress up and have some good old fashion 1920s style fun.



Dress c/o Wish Want Wear

I wore a dress from Halston Heritage borrowed from a company called Wish Want Wear. The long streamline classic black dress with a cut out back and embellished sleeves made me feel more like Lady Mary from Downton then a flapper girl. Even though the dress was too long for me, even with heels (5ft 4 waaa) I put a skinny little belt so that I could bunch some of the material up to help me from not standing on the hem of the dress and falling flat on my face (always a bonus) teamed with a fur stole and a bedazzling head piece from Johnny loves Lola. 

The idea of Wish Want Wear is something which I wish had been around (or I had known about) when I went to my leavers balls at school, mainly because I wore lovely dresses but they never made another appearance in my everyday life.



Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

dan said...

this looks so much fun! xx

Dainty A said...

This is my idea of heaven! I love love love vintage and have an obsession with bone china tea cups so I would of been in my element here! So jealous!

Dainty A x

Lisa n Carrieanne said...

Aww amazing outfits!

Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

Lx

Blogger said...

I got my first electronic cigarette kit off of VaporFi, and I enjoy it a lot.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig