The past cannot be cured.

3 comments


Something you might not know about me, aside from my obvious infatuation and infinity for the 1920s, 50s, 60s in particular and the 70s, I've always been fascinated by ancient history. I remember at primary school I was totally absorbed by ancient Egypt and would spend pocket money on books and magazines about their curious world. I use to love visiting Madame Tussauds as a child and visiting the chamber of horrors which portrayed the grizzly side of London History such as the Plague, Jack the Ripper, Great fire of London etc. It scared and interested me in equal measures! Ancient Greece, Rome, Vikings, Tudors, Shakespearian England, French Revoloution, Marie Antoinette... the list and obsession with the past goes on. 

I wish History at school had caught my interest more, but unfortunately the teachers and the way they approached subject matters and what the subjects they wanted to teach it just didn't fufil my curiosties, otherwise I think I would have definitely pursued it into A-Levels. 

I've recently started re-watching The Tudors (which I never finished the whole series anyway) and it's re-awoken my obsession with history all over again. I've got a list of places to visit some of which I've never been to and others since I was little and I can't even remember, such as Hampton Court Palace, Windsor Castle, Kensington Palace and today I'm indulging in some history of London and visiting the Tower, which I've never been too before. 

Jaymie
♥ 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Learning about history can be so fascinating, even the gory stuff! I used to love learning about the Egyptians when I was younger and the Victorian age has always interested me.

Carly said...

I really like this illustration - I also love history and studied it for as levels! xxx

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

yey! I was such a fan of ancient Egypt as well! Shakespearian England, Greece.. Italy... oh! You need to go to Italy - if you haven't been there! Anyways! Such a great illustration of yours! And wish you to visit all the places you seen yet!
Such a lovely post! X

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig