Illustrating Backstage at LFW with Kensington Leverne

17 comments


How amazing are all those hats above?! want need naughty.

LFW has been and gone and the highlights from the past week for me would have to be, the bright wool coats, striking psychedelic feel and retro cold shoulder dress detailing at PPQ and one of my all time favourite designers Orla Kiely killing it with the perfect collared dresses, preppy 60s vibe and just ticking every box that I could possibly want for my 2013 A/W wardrobe. 

The awesome images in this post are by Kensington Leverne a photographer from Oxfordshire and now based in London. I studied at UCA with him... for the one year I was there (we all know I'm the fashion school dropout) It was just before Christmas when I started spotting Kenzie's work again, popping up in random places and seeing updates, that I thought I'd try and get back into contact with him. I really wanted to share his work with you guys as I love his backstage photographs of fashion shows, catching the models off guard in a less structured stereotypical stance. I've already decided that I want him to teach me to use a camera properly (just so you know Kenz) because let's face it I'm pretty rubbish at taking photos!

These types of photographs are much more my bag to try and illustrate then the usual LFW catwalk/ fashion type malarkey. Being that of more of a portrait artist and with my fascination of drawing pretty girls and hair. So when London Fashion week was looming, I decided to ask him and some of my favourite girls (Ella, Alice and Lily)  if they were interested in a type of collaboprojo where I would illustrate some of his work and do a unique painting for each girl to post on their blog alongside some of his photography, so keep your eyes peeled for that and once all the blog posts have been published I will put all the illustrations up on here.


Pencil, Watercolour and Graphic pen study of the model backstage at DAKS below.

DAKS

DAKS

Backstage at Giles

Giles

Girl Crushing! Backstage at DAKS.

Backstage at Hair and Makeup at Giles.

Backstage at Giles

Backstage at Giles

You can check out more of Kenzie's work on his tumblr http://kensingtonleverne.tumblr.com 

By Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

Ella Masters said...

I love the illustration, you drew of Kenzie's work, you are both super duper talented. These photos are far nicer then the standard runway photos, Yes!! to the getting him to teach you how to take photos ( not saying you can't take photos already) ha! imagine the work you two could come up with together? i can here a photo shoot for my t-shirts calling (haha kenzie?!) ...and you can illustrate it jaymie :)

Overall I bloody love the work :)
xxx

Jaymie said...

You saved yourself with the (not saying you cant take photos already) ;) Thanks gorgepot. TSHIRT SHOOT sounds WUNDERBAAAAH.
xxxx

Carly said...

I love your illustration! This may sound funny, but I love the way you draw noses :) xxx

Raffles Bizarre said...

Love this post, gorgeous illustration!
CARA'S HAT!!!! WANT!!

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

Jaymie said...

Aww thank you Carly <3 I hate the way I draw noses so you saying that is awesome!

I can imagine you wearing Caras hat lovely :)
xxx

HeartsAndCrosses said...

Would love to be at LFW, looks incredible :(

A little bit Unique

x

Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Click here


Eleanor said...

These are such beautiful pictures and your drawing is amazing!
http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

Heidi-likes said...

That illustration is amazing, such beautiful detail, the shows look fab;)

http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

Josie said...

I love your illustrations! The collab sounds fun, can't wait to see the results xxx

HippySal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HippySal said...

I think you guys will be such an amazing collaboration, your work really compliments his..creative genius! xx

lilyfm said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful! i cannot wait to post my illustration you've given me! it'll be up next week <3

Lindsey Elizabeth Pritchard said...

He got some seriously gorgeous photos. The illustration is amazing.

Lindsey. x
www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

libys11 said...

omg!! your drawing was amazing!! so talented!!

Click me for my NEW BLOG

kiana joon said...

i love your blog!!

thekaybookinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

The Style Rawr said...

Wow, such a gorgeous illustration!

Tara
The Style Rawr!
xoxo

Lindy-lou said...

Such an awesome Collaboration.
You guys should definitely team up on some other projects, your work really compliments each other.
I look forward to seeing more posts in the future xx

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig