Sugar & Ice

2 comments





























 Photo heavy post but wanted to share an amazing day spent with my beautiful Mum. She treated to me to a whole day in town as a belated birthday celebration (I really do have the best Mum) which we didn't have chance to do on the day and then times just got away with us. It was such a lovely crisp winters day in London, the ideal type. Clear blue skies and crisp sunshine shining but still bitterly cold and seasonal. We had planned on going to the Hollywood costume exhibition but when we got to the V&A the ticket que was crazy and didn't fancy wasting loads of time waiting so instead heading straight to Harvey Nicols in Knightsbridge to go to Bubbleology for coconut bubble tea (which is pretty damn cool) Naturally had to pay a visit to Harrods whilst in Knightsbridge and the window displays right now are just as good as any exhibition. They are all inspired by Disney fairy tales. 

Second visit to Winter Wonderland this year. I went with some friends a week after it opened on a Saturday and it was just crazy busy as you can imagine, so didn't really see much or move around to freely. Yesterday was gorgeous though nice and quiet, bright and early so could see everything and find places to sit and eat pretzels. We decided to go into the Magical Ice Kingdom, it costs £8 but totally worth it I mean there's a freaking Unicorn ice sculpture as well as Owls, Wolves and a Castle!

The Covent garden Christmas decorations have got to be my absolute favourite. Everything's sparkling and BIG, big balls (ahem) big Reindeer and trees. We went to one of my favourite places Laduree to buy a pretty box of macarons (they're expensive but lovely as an occasional special treat) there's so many new flavours, marshmallow fillings, bubblegum and Christmas flavour caught my eye the most! I noticed the Moomin shop a while ago and always forget to go when I'm in Covent Garden so I made sure to drag my Mum along this time.

We ended the day by eating dinner at Yo! Sushi and walking by the German market along the Southbank whilst drinking Mulled Wine and Punch. Not that I needed much help to feel festive, but everything just re-affirmed how much I love this time of year.

Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

Katie Frank said...

So many lovely places, I bet you had lots fun! <3
xx

Alexandria said...

Ohh this is so pretty! Thank you for commenting on my blog, I totally just subscribed to yours and had a wee stalk <3
Your art is so impressive!

Alexandria
xxx

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig