5 comments
Brigitte Bardot, Edie Sedgewick, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Twiggy.

Second part to my favourite iconic and inspirational ladies continuing from last week, this time its the turn of my vintage ladies from decades gone. If you hadn't of guessed who was going to be on here... you probably haven't read my blog before or been on my shop Jewellery by Jaymie haha (or seen my blog header) Again they embody a lot of the things I think most women aspire to be, I know I do!

For example there's so much more to Marilyn then just her pretty face, womanly figure and flirty attitude. She was perplexed, vulnerable and riddled with self doubt, critical and loathing thoughts. Things that had happened in her past haunted her for the rest of her life, yet on the veener you wouldn't of known it to merely look at her. She had such a courageous, strong and vivacious character. I recommend anyone to see My Week with Marilyn if you haven't yet seen it, Michelle Williams depicts the cracks in her confident personality amazingly well. 

Jaymie
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

Chantelle Thomas said...

Gorgeous drawing. I still haven't seen My Week with Marilyn dying to see it though! x

Sweet Monday said...

Aw wow this illustration is amazing! <3

Kate said...

I seriously wish I had your drawing skills! x

Qwerty said...

This is amazing! x

daisyanne said...

i love this so much, probably my favourite yet!
xx

http://daisyannes.blogspot.co.uk/

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig