Californian Mermaid

15 comments




pictures 2 & 3 from loutechnoir

Too early to think about summer looks? Course not! Well not just the hair look I want for summer right now but I kind of have my persona ready that I want to embody for the sunnier months (hopeful!) a 1970s califorian hippy surfer mermaid hybrid. Isabel Lucas meets Rusalochka. Last summer when I had ombre hair I was obsessed with getting pastel colours running through it and I got my hairdresser to try putting turquoise, lilac and baby pink in my hair, It only lasted about 2 weeks unfortunately as it wasn't permanent but something just keeps drawing me back to these images and pretty colours running through hair. Theres something in particular drawing me to the 3rd picture the vivid bright pink and bold eyebrows I'm pretty enamoured with. Would you or have you ever gone such a vivid bright colour?  

I'm actually balayaging my hair today. I'm just bored of my hair, seems to be a pretty constant thing within me. As I said I want mermaid, californian, hippy hair even though my hair doesnt seem to grow all that long or look that great long - annoying! 'I'm expecting it to be quite coppery as my hair is dark right now. They don't seem to sell Loreal colour experte anymore?! Which is how I initially started to lighten and ombre my hair about three years ago, Then I moved on to the Loreal perfect blonde creme to make it blonder. But this time I've had to go straight for the perfect blonde creme so wish me luck guys!

Jaymie
♥ 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments:

Chantelle Thomas said...

Ah I want my hair a candyfloss pink colour or a lavender! But I don't think I would be brave enough! I tried to dye my hair pink when I was 14 but it was a complete disaster because I knew nothing about dying hair! Funny looking back on it now though x x

Jaymie said...

aw amazing haha. bet it would look awesome, maybe try with a few strips of the colour then can always build up on it? xxx

Chantelle Thomas said...

Yeah thinking about trying it this summer definitely even if its just the tips. I can't wait to see yours! x

Jenifer said...

Wish I had the guts to try this for my summer look! It looks amazing! x

http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com/

Dancing Branflake said...

I can't wait to see the final result! It will be gorgeous. How could it not with your face?

millie said...

aww i love bright hair, i used to always have it either pink or purple, then i went bright red, but now i just keep it dark brown/black because i think it suits me more darker. but it's always at the back of my mind to try blue! :P x

Betsan Evans said...

i love these! if i had the guts id have turquoise hair:) love the 2nd and the 3rd photo xx

Pip said...

Love these, the first one is my favourite! If I had the nerve, I'd probably do this too!

Pip x

Amelia Jones said...

the most beautiful hair ever! Too bad I'm too scared to do that to mine haha :)

I am now following you!

Amelia xx

http://wearableartblog.blogspot.com

Ciara Baron said...

Loving the hair in the third picture!

xx
www.atrickleofmeaning.blogspot.com

katie said...

found your site through Hivenn and after seeing just the first post im so glad I did. Very inspiring!

katiefitz
http://kfitzdesign.blogspot.com

anurbanexplorer said...

First one is my favorite!

XOXOJOANNIE
ANURBAN-EXPLORER.BLOGSPOT.COM

S.MILLI said...

The girl with the pink ends has serious scouse brow! hahaha. :) x x

Jaymie said...

haha she does indeed :) xx

francisdodson said...

In love with the second photo - That hair is amazing. I want to ombre my hair this summer but I don't want to damage my hair :( x

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig